Dortmund (Germany) (AFP) – Borussia Dortmund’s Spanish international defender Marc Bartra will be out for around four weeks after injuring his wrist in Tuesday’s bomb attack on the team’s bus, coach Thomas Tuchel said.
“Marc would prefer to play again on Saturday, but he will need around four weeks,” said Tuchel, whose side entertain Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
Bartra, 26, underwent emergency surgery for a broken radius bone and to remove glass that became planted in his arm after the blasts shattered windows on the team’s bus.
On Wednesday he said on Twitter that he was “doing much better” but he played no part in Dortmund’s 3-2 defeat at home to Monaco in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Leicester City vs. Nottingham Forest on US TV
- Will FOX broadcast the World Cup in 4K?
- Where to find Chicago Red Stars vs. Angel City FC on US TV
- Where to find Portland Timbers vs. LAFC on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Man United on US TV
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details
- Potter magic seals first league win as Chelsea boss