Madrid (AFP) – Spanish international Iago Aspas tied his future to Celta Vigo by extending his contract to 2022, the club said on Tuesday.
“Unbeatable news for Celta and their fans,” the club said in a statement. “Aspas will play in light blue until 2022.”
“Both the club and I wanted to close the renewal and today we managed to do it,” said Aspas.
Aspas, 29, has scored 21 goals this season to help Celta reach the quarter-finals of the Europa League, where they will face Belgian side Genk.
The former Liverpool striker’s form has also seen him earn his first international honours this season with three caps, including a goal against England on his debut.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ