Accra (AFP) – Former Tottenham and West Ham manager Harry Redknapp and ex-Italian striker Fabrizio Ravanelli have applied for the vacant coaching job with Ghana, a source at the African giants said Wednesday.
Redknapp, 70, whose most recent managerial post was with Jordan, is one of five candidates looking to succeed Avram Grant, who stepped down after Ghana finished fourth at the Africa Cup of Nations in February.
Also chasing the job are Frenchman Patrice Carteron and Ghanaian duo Karim Abdul Razak Tanko and James Appiah.
Carteron, 46, has a wealth of experience in African football, having coached Mali from 2012 to 2013 as well as TP Mazembe of Congo when they won the African Champions League in 2015.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family