London (AFP) – Bournemouth have been charged by the Football Association for a breach of its anti-doping regulations, English football’s governing body said Friday.
The south coast club have been charged with a failure to comply over ‘whereabouts’ rules designed to provide accurate details of training sessions and the location of players so they are available for drug testing at all times.
Fellow Premier League side Manchester City were given a £35,000 ($44,000, 41,000 euros) fine for a similar offence on Thursday.
“AFC Bournemouth have been charged in relation to the FA’s rules on anti-doping,” said a statement issued by the FA.
“It is alleged the club failed to ensure that their ‘Club Whereabouts’ information was accurate.
“AFC Bournemouth have until Thursday 23rd February 2017 to respond to the charge.”
The Cherries are currently 14th in the table but are without a Premier League win in 2017.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family