London (AFP) – Hull confirmed on Wednesday that they have been unable to complete the signing of Guingamp midfielder Yannis Salibur.
The Premier League strugglers appealed to FIFA in an attempt to seal a reported £9 million ($11 million, 10.5 million euros) move for Salibur after suggestions the paperwork for the deal was not submitted before the transfer window ended last week.
Hull left a space in their 25-man squad list presented to the Premier League for the remainder of the season, in the hope Salibur would play a part.
However, world football’s governing body ended the Tigers’ hopes of landing the player.
“We can confirm that our appeal to sanction the transfer of Yannis Salibur from French side @EAGuingamp has been unsuccessful,” a statement on Hull’s Twitter account read.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season