Manchester (United Kingdom) (AFP) – Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho walked out of a post-match television interview after his side were held to a 0-0 draw by Premier League strugglers Hull City on Wednesday.
United were left four points off the Champions League spots in sixth place after failing to exploit the points dropped the previous evening by leaders Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal.
Mourinho suggested referee Mike Jones had showed Hull too much leniency, but when asked to elaborate, he told a BBC reporter: “If you do not know football, you should not have a microphone in your hand.”
He then walked away, cutting the interview short.
Mourinho had also accused officials of double standards, citing Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp’s comment that the fourth official told him “I like your passion” during his side’s 1-1 draw with Chelsea.
“Yesterday a fourth official told a manager: ‘I enjoy very much your passion,'” said the United manger.
“Today I am told to sit down or I am going to be sent to the stand.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Hrustic, Rogic spearhead Australia squad for crunch World Cup playoff
- Deal Alert: Best streaming deals this Memorial Day Weekend
- Africa beckons for Royal after dramatic draw with Orlando Pirates
- Regret? Skupski prioritises French Open over Champions League ticket
- Klopp urges Liverpool to show Madrid who’s boss in Champions League final
- Ancelotti says Real Madrid can achieve ‘the maximum’ by winning Champions League
- Mancini thanks Chiellini before Italy send-off against Argentina
- How to watch UEFA Nations League on US TV and streaming
- Klopp shrugs off Mane speculation, but concerned over new Paris pitch
- ‘Things change’ – Ceferin warns Europe’s old elite before Champions League final