London (AFP) – West Ham manager Slaven Bilic spent two days in hospital this week after a bad bout of flu, according to reports on Thursday.
Bilic is believed to have checked himself into a London hospital on Sunday following West Ham’s 3-1 win at Middlesbrough last Saturday.
The 48-year-old Croatian was feeling unwell before and during the Middlesbrough match and ended up staying in hospital under observation until Tuesday.
Bilic is reported to be recovering at home and is expected to return to take training sometime in the next few days.
West Ham have seen some of their other staff and players hit by a sickness bug, with winger Michail Antonio having been ill before the win over Crystal Palace on January 14.
The Hammers are not in FA Cup action this weekend, so Bilic will be preparing for the visit of Manchester City on February 1 when he return from the illness.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Charlotte vs Chelsea tickets on sale soon for July 20 clash
- ‘Uncomfortable’ Magath plots against old club Hamburg in play-off
- Senegal probing feared homophobic attack by mob
- Lampard warns Everton against treating Palace clash as ‘all-or-nothing’ game
- ‘Historic’ equal pay deal for US men and women soccer teams
- PSG’s Gueye asked to explain absence after homophobia accusations
- Europa League Final on TV: Rangers vs. Frankfurt details
- Liverpool’s Klopp has ‘no reason’ to talk to Gerrard before title climax
- Where to find Rangers vs. Frankfurt Europa League Final TV
- Qatar World Cup’s perplexing personal safety concerns