Sunday’s live broadcast of the Premier League game between Manchester United and Liverpool on NBC and NBCSN generated impressive viewing numbers as one of the most-watched second halves of a Premier League game in US TV history.
The combined viewing figure for the second half across both networks was 1.82 million, which eclipses the number from FOX Sports from 2011 when the tape-delayed game featuring Chelsea against Liverpool scored an audience of 1.67 million.
The second half of the North West derby between Manchester United and Liverpool was shown on NBC over-the-air network television after a NFL game was moved until later in the day due to inclement weather.
The entire game, from 11am-1pm ET, was watched by 1.32 million people. The United-Liverpool match on NBCSN had 881,000 viewers for the 11am-1pm ET game.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family