Paris (AFP) – With his transfer to Shanghai Shenhua, Carlos Tevez has become the biggest-earning footballer in the world, making even more than compatriot Lionel Messi and Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo.
A source close to the player told AFP that the 32-year-old former Manchester United and Manchester City striker will make around 38 million euros a season in China.
At the moment, Tevez banks a relatively modest two million euros a season with Boca Juniors.
According to Portugese media, Real Madrid star Ronaldo earns 23.6 million euros a season while Barcelona ace Messi boasts a salary of 20 million euros.
Ronaldo and Messi are also lagging behind Brazil’s Oscar whose switch from Chelsea to Shanghai SIPG last week guarantees him 24 million euros each season.
Football’s top five salaries (based on media reports):
1. Carlos Tevez (ARG/Shanghai Shenhua/CHN) 38 million euros a season
2. Oscar (BRA/Shanghai SIPG/CHN) 24 million
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (POR/Real Madrid/ESP) 23.6 million
4. Lionel Messi (ARG/Barcelona/ESP) 20 million
. Hulk (BRA/Shanghai SIPG/CHN) 20 million
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Holders Wydad Casablanca among 58 CAF Champions League hopefuls
- 2022/23 LaLiga prediction: What will the final table look like?
- African players in Europe: Salah, Mane score as season starts
- Three talking points from the Premier League’s opening weekend
- Former Man Utd star Giggs goes on trial for assault
- Marseille win Ligue 1 season opener, Ramsey scores on Nice debut
- Lewandowski scores first Barcelona goal in Pumas rout
- Sundowns start season as they ended the last by topping table
- Haaland warns Premier League much more to come after dream debut
- RB Leipzig held at Stuttgart, Cologne defeat 10-man Schalke