London (AFP) – Reports linking Liverpool with a January move for Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are “nonsense”, the Merseyside club’s manager Jurgen Klopp said on Thursday.
British media reports suggest Liverpool will make a move for Oxlade-Chamberlain, who has been in and out of the Arsenal first team, when the transfer window opens next week.
But Klopp said he had no interest in the 23-year-old England international.
“I don’t usually say anything about transfer rumours, but I can make an exception. Nonsense,” he said.
“This kind of thing I think a lot about, but I say nothing because it is really not interesting what I think about this.
“You (the media) are already on a path so do with it what you want, but from our side nothing else to say about it.”
Klopp was speaking ahead of his side’s home game with Manchester City on New Year’s Eve, which pits second against third in the Premier League table.
“If I didn’t sit on the bench I would buy a ticket for this game, 100 percent,” said Klopp, whose side trail leaders Chelsea by six points.
The German confirmed that neither centre-back Joel Matip nor playmaker Philippe Coutinho will be able to play due to ankle injuries.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Former Man Utd star Giggs ‘headbutted’ ex-girlfriend in face, court hears
- Chelsea’s Werner returns to RB Leipzig
- Nigerian clubs out of luck in CAF Champions League draws
- ESPN renews English Football League rights deal
- Giggs assault trial: ex-girlfriend details ‘red flags’
- Everton sign Belgium’s Onana from Lille
- 2022/23 Serie A prediction: Who wins the Scudetto?
- Where to find PSV Eindhoven vs. AS Monaco on US TV
- Where to find Flamengo vs. Corinthians on US TV
- Cash-strapped African clubs eagerly await Super League riches