Madrid (AFP) – Spanish international Aritz Aduriz, still a prolific scorer this year for Athletic Bilbao at the age of 35, has signed a contract extension that will keep him at the La Liga club until he is 37.
Bilbao said the new deal meant Aduriz could only leave if another club offers 40 million euros ($40 million) for the veteran striker.
Aduriz has scored six goals in the Spanish championship and another six in the Europa League — including five in one game against Genk — and is joint leader in the tournament.
His current deal ends on June 30 next year, but Bilbao said the contract now runs until June 30, 2018.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season