beIN SPORTS’ coverage of the first el Clasico of the 2016/17 season between Barcelona and Real Madrid was watched by an average of 1.433 million viewers across beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español combined.
An average of 913,000 people watched the game on beIN SPORTS en Español, while 520,000 tuned in to watch the game on beIN SPORTS, according to Sports TV Ratings. Note, though, that the numbers are not for the match-only coverage. They include the pre-match, so the match-only numbers (when released) will certainly be greater.
The match between Barcelona and Real Madrid, which ended in a 1-1 draw, aired from 10:15am to 12:15pm ET on Saturday, December 3. On the English-language beIN SPORTS, the game featured Phil Schoen and Ray Hudson as commentators.
While the 1.433 million is impressive, it’s a sizable decrease from previous el Clasico viewing numbers (see below). Having said that, it’s the most-watched el Clasico game on beIN SPORTS en Español. But on the English-language beIN SPORTS, the viewing number is considerably less than in the past 18 months.
Previous el Clasico viewing numbers on beIN SPORTS:
April 2, 2016: 1.915 million viewers (695,000 viewers on beIN SPORTS and 1,220,487 viewers on beIN SPORTS en Español)
November 21, 2015: 1.874 million viewers (768,445 viewers on beIN SPORTS and 1,106,137 viewers on beIN SPORTS en Español)
March 22, 2015: 2.120 million viewers (767,000 viewers on beIN SPORTS and 1,353,000 viewers on beIN SPORTS en Español)
Not included in the December 3 TV numbers are the significant number of people who watched the game via legal streaming sites. Those include fuboTV, who reported 62,000 concurrent views in the United States. The Barcelona-Real Madrid match was also streamed via Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, beIN SPORTS Connect and YipTV.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Hungary vs. Italy on US TV
- Where to find England vs. Germany on US TV
- Sling Blue, Peacock and Paramount+ provide the best games for less
- Sling Blue to air over 50 Premier League games through year end
- Where to find Denmark vs. France on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Manchester City on US TV
- CBS Sports to televise more women’s soccer matches
- Messi claims he had trouble finding himself at PSG
- Arsenal set Women’s Super League attendance record
- Southgate, Kane claim England are nearly powerless over Qatar