London (AFP) – Everton’s stuttering Premier League campaign suffered a blow on Monday as they revealed exciting wing Yannick Bolasie is to undergo surgery on a serious knee injury.
The 27-year-old Democratic Republic of Congo international — whom Everton signed for £25million ($32m, 29.5m euros) from rivals Crystal Palace in the close season — limped off in the 68th minute of the 1-1 draw with Manchester United on Sunday.
Everton had their worst fears confirmed on Monday.
“Yannick Bolasie to undergo knee surgery after scans confirmed a serious ligament injury against @ManUtd. Come back stronger, Yannick,” tweeted Everton, without saying how long he might be out of action for.
Bolasie has been an ever present in the starting line-up this season for Everton, who have gone four games without a win in the Premier League after a promising start under manager Ronald Koeman.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ