Watford will be the next team featured on NBC Sports’ critically-acclaimed Behind The Badge series, which takes viewers behind the scenes to reveal the inner workings of Premier League clubs.
Last season, it was Crystal Palace that was the subject of the Behind The Badge series. This season, the four-part series debuts this Sunday, Nov. 27, at 2 p.m. ET on NBCSN, and will present viewers with a never-before-seen look at the Hornets’ work on and off the pitch. Voiced by BBC presenter and former English footballer Gary Lineker, the series follows an intriguing mix of players, coaches and support staff, recounting their daily lives and routines.
Co-produced with Goalhanger Films, the first episode will feature captain Troy Deeney, defenders Younes Kaboul and Sebastian Prodl, and Player Liaison Officer Lorenzo Libutti. Each episode will focus on the club’s preparation for that week’s match, as well as the game itself. NBC Sports Group’s camera crews will be given access to the offices, training facilities, locker rooms, pitch, and tunnel, capturing the unique atmosphere leading up to and throughout the matches.
This year’s Premier League campaign is Watford’s 10th overall in England’s top flight since their founding in 1881. Under new head coach Walter Mazzarri, the Hornets are currently in eighth place, and have lost just once in their last six matches. Renowned for their international flair, Watford have been represented by 19 different nationalities on the pitch this season, making the Hornets the most diverse club in the Premier League. Despite featuring players from around the globe, Watford’s family feel makes the club one of the closest-knit groups in the country. Located northwest of London, in the county of Hertfordshire, the community-tied team boast one of the most famous celebrity fans in all of English football: Sir Elton John. Born five miles from Vicarage Road, the music icon even has one of the stadium’s stands named after him.
Following is the full schedule for Premier League Behind the Badge: Watford FC:
Episode 1: Sunday, November 27, 2pm ET
Episode 2: Sunday, December 4, 2pm ET
Episode 3: Sunday, December 11, 2pm ET
Episode 4: Sunday, December 18, 2pm ET
All episodes will be also streamed on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Arsenal vs Spurs: TV coverage details
- Premier League All-Star game reportedly still in the works
- Christopher Nkunku already completed Chelsea medical – reports
- Bundesliga adds two new statistics to broadcast, app
- EPL commentator schedule: October 1-3
- American businessman reportedly in talks to buy Everton
- Alfie Haaland suggests his son could soon leave Manchester City
- How DAZN acquiring Eleven Sports affects soccer fans in USA
- Where to find Puebla vs. América on US TV
- Where to find Hull City vs. Luton Town on US TV