Friday’s broadcast of the USA against Mexico World Cup qualification game on FS1 and Univision was watched by an audience of 5.3 million, according to Sports TV Ratings.
During Friday’s pre-match coverage on FOX Sports 1, analyst Alexi Lalas proclaimed that the game was the biggest match the USA faced since the World Cup 2014 Round of 16 game versus Belgium. While the game may have been the most important on the pitch since Belgium, the viewing numbers off-the-field painted a different picture.
An average of 1.262 million tuned in to watch Friday’s game on FS1, while 4.053 million watched the game between Univision and Univision Deportes. That 5.3 million total is down approximately 20% compared to the 6.6 million who watched the CONCACAF Cup game between USA and Mexico, which was played October, 2016.
For the CONCACAF Cup game in 2015, FOX Sports had a viewing average of 1.5 million people, while Univision had 5.1 million viewers.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Arsenal vs Spurs: TV coverage details
- Premier League All-Star game reportedly still in the works
- Christopher Nkunku already completed Chelsea medical – reports
- Bundesliga adds two new statistics to broadcast, app
- EPL commentator schedule: October 1-3
- American businessman reportedly in talks to buy Everton
- Alfie Haaland suggests his son could soon leave Manchester City
- How DAZN acquiring Eleven Sports affects soccer fans in USA
- Where to find Puebla vs. América on US TV
- Where to find Hull City vs. Luton Town on US TV