Paris (AFP) – Mario Balotelli will be able to play in Nice’s next game after a red card he picked up last weekend was overturned on Thursday.
The Italian striker was sent off in stoppage time in Nice’s 2-1 win over Lorient on Sunday that kept his new club on top of Ligue 1 and unbeaten after eight games.
But the second yellow card that led to his sending-off, shown for an apparent altercation with the Lorient defender Steven Moreira, was wiped out after the match referee admitted his error.
Balotelli will therefore be able to play when Nice entertain Lyon on Friday, October 14, providing a massive boost to Lucien Favre’s side.
The former Liverpool player had netted a brilliant late winner against Lorient shortly before being dismissed, taking him to six goals from five appearances since moving to the Cote d’Azur at the end of August.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Brazil against replaying abandoned Argentina World Cup qualifier
- Real Madrid defeat Eintracht Frankfurt to win fifth UEFA Super Cup
- Silva says Man City know what he wants amid Barcelona links
- Zamalek president jailed for insulting rival
- Peacock TV wishlist of improvements to enhance streaming service
- ‘Very good’: Werner says Flick encouraged him to return to Leipzig
- Alexis Sanchez joins Marseille after leaving Inter
- CAF launches new Super League to boost clubs
- Qatar World Cup start brought forward to November 20: sources
- Qatar World Cup to start a day early on November 20: sources