In addition to its comprehensive coverage of CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers, Univision Deportes has announced that it’ll be broadcasting select European World Cup qualifying matches beginning next week when it showcases Spain against Liechtenstein and France versus Belarus in Spanish-language broadcasts to viewers in the United States.
It’s the first time that the Univision Networks have televised World Cup qualifying games involving European countries. With Univision’s entry into the Spanish-language space for European World Cup qualifiers, it now means that Spanish-language broadcasts of European World Cup qualifiers will be shown across Univision as well as FOX Deportes and ESPN Deportes.
“As we strive to become the go-to soccer destination for the most ardent fans, we’re thrilled to be able to bring them these important international matches,” said Juan Carlos Rodriguez, president of Univision Deportes. “These crucial qualifier matches will help determine the placements of some of the world’s strongest contenders on the road to Russia and are further examples of our commitment to bringing our fanáticos the best and most important soccer action throughout the year, every single year.”
The Univision schedule for European World Cup qualifiers is as follows:
Monday, September 5
Luis Omar Tapia, Xavier Sol, Hugo Salcedo and the newest member of the Univision Deportes team, world-wide renown soccer player, Iván Zamorano, will be providing commentary and analysis.
Tuesday, September 6
The announcing team for the game will include Luis Omar Tapia, Iván Zamorano, Xavier Sol and Hugo Salcedo.
In addition to the matches from Europe, Univision will broadcast the USA vs. Trinidad & Tobago (Tuesday, 8:15 p.m. ET/UniMás). Providing analysis for the match will be Raúl Guzmán, Diego Balado, Marcelo Balboa and Ramsés Sandoval will be reporting. All will be live on site in Jacksonville.
Right after that game, El Salvador competes against Canada (10:00 p.m. ET/UniMás). Pablo Ramírez and Félix Fernández will be providing analysis on the Canada-El Salvador match. Live coverage from Vancouver will be provided by field reporter Ana Caty Hernández.
The same evening, Mexico will host Honduras at Estadio Azteca in Mexico City (10:00 p.m. ET/UDN and Univision). The sports casting team for the Mexico-Honduras match will include Enrique Bermúdez and José Luis López Salido announcing the play by play, and former Mexican National team players Gonzalo Pineda and Enrique Borja providing commentary. Coverage will be live on-site pre, post and in-game.
Univision Deportes’ FIFA World Cup Qualifier coverage will continue in October and November as CONCACAF and UEFA teams continue to compete to secure a spot in the 2018 competition.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family