Paris (AFP) – Disgraced former FIFA president Sepp Blatter underwent successful surgery after being diagnosed with skin cancer and has been released from hospital, his spokesman and a report said Sunday.
The 80-year-old required the operation in Zurich but was in no danger at the time, Swiss daily Schweizer Illustrierte reported, saying the procedure was needed for skin cancer.
“The operation took place on Wednesday and was a success,” his spokesman Thomas Renggli told the German-language news agency SID, a subsidiary of AFP.
“Sepp Blatter left the clinic again on Thursday to return home. He is fine.”
Blatter was president of world football’s governing body from 1998 to 2015, but was suspended from all football-related activity for six years by a FIFA ethics committee.
He will have an appeal against the decision heard by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on August 25.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more