After consecutive domestic doubles, Juventus has plenty to look forward to this upcoming season.
For the second time in two years, Juventus have dominated Italy, clinching the Serie A and Coppa Italia titles. After their poor start to the 2015-2016 Serie A campaign, a number of supporters feared that the Bianconeri would not lack the ability to launch a fifth consecutive title campaign. However, the Italian giants overcame their rough start to enjoy a successful domestic season and were able to impress in the UEFA Champions League as well.
Juventus’s displays on the pitch last season highlighted their quality when they were at their best. The Italians not only beat but outplayed an in-form Manchester City side twice. They dominated the likes of Roma and Inter Milan, and defeated a strong Napoli side to claim the top spot in Serie A.
Meanwhile, their performances on the European stage were superb. Having already defeated Manchester City twice, Juve lost late during the final match of the group stage. Juventus, despite a poor start to the two legs against Bayern Munich, were incredibly unfortunate to both concede a goal in the last minute of regular time and exiting after extra time.
However, supporters should expect even more next season. It is unlikely that Juventus will start the season as poorly as they did last year, with key players such as Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic now adapting to the team. Juventus struggled at the opening of last season when new players needed time to transition into their side, but now that this transition is complete, it is certainly reasonable to expect a strong start to the season.
Although Juventus were forced to sell Alvaro Morata back to Real Madrid, they still possess plenty of attacking talent, particularly in the form of Paulo Dybala. The Argentine was superb in his first season as he scored a number of goals, both from set plays and open play while he also provided for his teammates. While Morata was superb in his two year spell at Juventus, even if the Italian giants choose not to replace him, they can rest assured that they already have another excellent forward.
Several of Juventus’s key players are young, and have their best years ahead of them. Both Dybala and Paul Pogba have already been fantastic over the course of their Juventus careers, despite the fact that they have not yet reached their physical peak. They have improved season after season and should Juventus keep them when they reach their peak, both have the ability to place the Italians in the same boat as the likes of Bayern Munich, Barcelona, and Real Madrid.
In terms of improvement, the same can be said for both Giorgio Chiellini and Gigi Buffon. Chiellini has now firmly established himself as one of the top five defenders in the world, while Buffon has cemented his status as one of the world’s best keepers. Their quality, despite their age, will continue to benefit the Italian giants over the next few years.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family