Marcoussis (France) (AFP) – Portugal’s veteran defender Pepe trained alone Tuesday as he battles to be fully fit for his country’s Euro 2016 semi-final against Wales.
While coach Fernando Santos took control of the main group of players, Pepe worked with Portugal’s physiotherapist Antonio Gaspar.
Valencia midfielder Andre Gomes, who is reported to be wanted by Real Madrid and Barcelona, and winger Raphael Guerreiro took knocks in the quarter-final win over Poland but trained normally.
Pepe played a key role in keeping Portugal in the game against Poland which ended 1-1 after extra time. If the 33-year-old does not make the cut he is likely to replaced by Ricardo Carvalho or Bruno Alves for the Wales game in Lyon on Wednesday.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family