London (AFP) – Former England assistant coach Gary Neville has blasted reports he fell out with Roy Hodgson during Euro 2016.
The Observer newspaper reported on Sunday that then England manager Hodgson and Neville had disagreed over tactics during the tournament which ended for England when they suffered a humiliating loss to Iceland in the last 16.
The Observer added that while there was mutual respect, Neville and goalkeeping coach Dave Watson had disagreements with Hodgson.
But former Manchester United and England defender Neville, responding on Twitter, said: “This is absolute bulls***! Apology? Removal of article? Let me know!”
Hodgson’s contract was due to expire after Euro 2016 in any event but he resigned immediately, knowing there was no way he would be given a new deal following the Iceland defeat.
Neville and fellow assistant Ray Lewington also left their England roles.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season