The Hague (AFP) – Ajax have appointed Dutchman Peter Bosz as their new coach in place of Frank de Boer, the Amsterdam club confirmed on Tuesday.
Bosz, 52, leaves his coaching position with Maccabi Tel Aviv to join the Dutch club on a three-year contract until June 2019.
“It’s a good time for me as a coach,” said Bosz who lead Maccabi to second place in the Israeli league.
“I’m very ambitious and so are Ajax,” added the former Dutch international midfielder, who played six seasons with Ajax’s rivals Feyenoord where he also held the post of technical director from 2006-2009.
Bosz’s assistant Hendrie Krüzen will also leave Maccabi to join Ajax, the club said.
Bosz played from 1981 to 1999 with various Dutch clubs, in France, Japan, and Germany. He also won eight caps for the Oranje.
Ajax finished runners-up in the Dutch league this season behind PSV Eindhoven, resulting in de Boer’s departure after six seasons.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season