Rome (AFP) – The Italian football federation and national Olympic committee have opened an enquiry into suspicious bets that surfaced around the sending off of a Frosinone player against Napoli on the weekend, Italian media reported Wednesday.
Shortly before Saturday’s Serie A match, which Napoli won 4-0, three bookmakers stopped taking bets on a Frosinone player being sent off after noticing unusual betting behaviour, the Corriere dello Sport said.
The bookmakers said the bets were placed in the Frosinone region and would have netted less than 1,000 euros ($1,127), after which those betting can no longer remain anonymous.
During the match, Frosinone midfielder Mirko Gori was shown a straight red card for dissent in the 13th minute, moments after a challenge on Napoli winger Lorenzo Insigne.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family