Lisbon (AFP) – Greek international striker Kostas Mitroglou has completed a permanent transfer to Benfica from English second-tier side Fulham, the Portuguese champions announced on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old Mitroglou, who has spent this season on loan at Benfica, has signed a four-year deal through to 2020 with Portuguese press reports putting the transfer fee at seven million euros ($7.9m, £5.5m).
Mitroglou, who has scored 22 goals in 43 games in all competitions this season, is set to feature for Benfica in Friday’s League Cup final against Maritimo.
The former Olympiakos player helped Benfica secure a third consecutive Portuguese title, and 35th in all, with a 4-1 home win against Nacional on the final day of the league season on Sunday.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $4.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ