The first leg of the Liga MX playoff between Chivas and Club América last Thursday was the most-viewed club soccer match in US cable history.
The match was televised live on Univision Deportes to an audience of 1.4 million total viewers. The 0-0 draw was also delivered the most streams and minutes watched of any Liga MX game in Univision history, for the regular season or playoffs.
The second leg, which Club América won 2-1 against Chivas, was watched by 2.7 million total viewers on Sunday night, which aired on Univision and was simulcast on Univision Deportes. The viewership was the best for any Liga MX playoff match since the 2014 Apertura Final on Univision.
According to Univision, the audience is larger than every NHL playoff game in the current 2015-16 season across all networks, regardless of language.
In total, Univision reported that 7.8 million total viewers watched the Súper Clásico Liga MX quarterfinals last week.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family