Europe’s top clubs are already planning their transfer strategies to impose themselves both at home and around the continent next season, so let’s have a look at the top 5 transfer rumors of the week brought to you by calciomercato.com.
Thomas Vermaelen to Liverpool
According to Spanish paper Sport, Liverpool have made a formal offer to sign former Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen. The Belgium International has been struggling with injuries over the last couple of seasons, so much so he could only rack up 21 appearances with Barcelona since joining the Camp Nou team in 2014. Could Anfield Road represent a new start for the 30-year-old center-back?
Paulo Dybala to Barcelona
Paulo Dybala is blazing a trail in his first season at Juventus. The talented 22-year-old has attracted the interest of the best European clubs out there and according to British tabloids, Barcelona would be ready to make an offer for him next summer if Neymar joins PSG or Manchester United. It will be hard, however, to convince the Old Lady to sell her star striker.
Renato Sanches to Manchester United
Labeled as ‘the most promising Portuguese talent since Cristiano Ronaldo, Renato Sanches is an 18-year-old striker who is edging closer to signing with Manchester United. Benfica’s President Luis Felipe Vieira is expected to land in Manchester in the next few days to finalize Sanchez’s move to the Old Trafford for a fee in the region of £47 million.
Paul Pogba at Juventus
The most wanted center midfielder in Europe could decide to stay at Juventus for at least one more season. As exclusively reported by calciomercato.com, the 23-year-old ace is going to be offered a contract extension until 2020. Manchester United, Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid are well aware that Juve will only listen to offers exceeding £78 million next summer, but in the meantime the bianconeri want to secure their most valuable player.
Mats Hummels to Bayern Munich:
With Carlo Ancelotti ready to take over from Pep Guariola at the Allianz Arena in the summer, the Italian tactician could have already received his first gift as Bayern Munich boss. The Bavarians’ hatred rivals Borussia Dortmund have announced that their star defender Mats Hummels has officially asked to leave the club at the end of the season to join Bayern Munich. BVB will not oppose the player’s request, provided that the Bavarians would offer a suitable offer for the talented Germany international.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family