FOX Sports has launched a redesigned version of its streaming app FOX Sports GO with a completely different look-and-feel including a bolder look and more prominent TV schedule.
The app — available via desktop, mobile and smartphones — still requires a TV subscription in order to access the live content streamed from FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Deportes. So if you’re a cord cutter or you don’t have access to all of the channels, you won’t be able to access some or all of the sports programming.
While the app hasn’t been the most reliable in the past, FOX Sports is touting that the new version of the app has improved video quality and improved stability and performance.
First impressions are good. The FOX Sports GO streaming service has a cleaner and slicker interface than previously, and looks much better than the stale FOX Soccer 2GO design (although FOX Soccer 2GO offers more soccer content to choose from, as well as offering on-demand capabilities which FOX Sports GO does not).
However, even though FOX Sports GO allows you to watch it on multiple devices, your TV provider may limit access. In my example with Comcast Xfinity, I’m only able to watch FOX Sports GO on one device at a time. If I try watching it on more devices, an authentication error message appears.
Speaking of TV providers, you have to also make sure your cable or satellite system allows you to access FOX Sports GO. The current list of participating TV providers includes Comcast Xfinity, DirecTV, DISH, Time Warner Cable, AT&T U-Verse, Verizon, Charter, COX, Optimum, Bright House as well as smaller providers.
In terms of functionality, the default view is that it shows the English-language programming from FOX Sports. However, you can select “Show FOX Deportes programs” from the Settings menu and see Spanish-language programming too if you also subscribe to it via your TV provider.
Under the Settings, the redesigned FOX Sports GO also allows you to set your favorite sports teams and share them across all your devices.
In addition to the redesign, the app has been updated for PC users, so it’s available for both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile users.
The redesign of FOX Sports GO marks the first change to the streaming service since 2014.
FOX Sports GO main screen
FOX Sports GO schedule
FOX Sports GO authentication page
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family