The 2015-16 soccer seasons in Europe are edging closer to an end, and already many of the top European clubs are working feverishly on their transfer strategies for what is expected to be a very busy summer — especially in England where the Premier League clubs will enjoy more riches from TV rights than ever before.
Not surprisingly, the English clubs are the ones who have been busiest among the transfer rumors. Here are the top 5 rumors of the week in Europe brought to you by calciomercato.com:
1. Real Madrid and Benfica have made official offers to sign Boca Juniors star Rodrigo Bentancur. The Argentinean’s side president Daniel Angelici told TyC Sport on Thursday that the 18-year-old central midfielder is one of the hottest commodities of South American soccer and seems destined for a move to Europe very soon.
2. Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri is ready to extend his stay at the King Power Stadium for the next seven seasons. With Ranieri’s success in leading Leicester City during a miraculous campaign, it’s expected the Italian will sign on for several more years with the Foxes. But the Italian may wait until the Premier League title is in his hands before signing on the dotted line in order not to unsettle his squad in the remaining weeks of the season.
3. Champions League semi-finalists Manchester City will be looking to strengthen their midfield next season, when Pep Guardiola will take over from Manuel Pellegrini. The Catalan tactician has set his sights on signing Ilkay Gundogan, N’Golo Kanté and Amadou Diawara. According to Il Corriere di Bologna, the Citizens have already made a £11.8 million offer to sign the 18-year-old starlet who has been among the most brilliant midfielders in the 2015-16 Serie A campaign.
4. N’Golo Kanté is attracting interest among the best teams in Europe. According to Le Parisien, PSG has shortlisted the Leicester City star as a possible midfield reinforcement alongside Juventus ace Paul Pogba. The Frenchman, however, would probably cost the Ligue 1 champions more than £80 million.
5. Jose Mourinho talks with Manchester United have been put on hold. Reports are that José Mourinho talks have been put on hold, and that Ryan Giggs seems the most likely to take over at the Old Trafford after Louis Van Gaal’s reign. Having scored six goals in 11 appearances, Marcus Rashford will extend his stay with the Premier League giants, receiving a considerable pay rise. Rumors coming from a host of Italian newspapers suggest the Red Devils are keeping tabs on Barcelona and Chelsea target Marquinhos (from Paris Saint-Germain), while they are believed to have already made an offer to sign Fiorentina star Federico Bernardeschi.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family