Barcelona are the overwhelming favorites to qualify for the quarter-finals of the Champions League after securing a 2-0 away win at the Emirates in the first leg of this fixture three weeks ago.
The Gunners started the game very well and wasted a few opportunities in the first half before a lapse in concentration allowed Barcelona to take the lead via a counter-attacking move finished off by Lionel Messi.
Messi subsequently doubled the lead for his side late on after he was fouled by substitute Mathieu Flamini, which effectively meant the Gunners would have to win by a three goal margin at the Camp Nou to guarantee qualification to the next round.
Barcelona are coming into this match off the back of a 6-0 win against Getafe last weekend, which saw them maintain an eight point gap over second-placed Atletico Madrid with nine games remaining. The Catalans are also unbeaten in 37 games in all competitions, breaking numerous records in the process.
Arsenal on the other hand, lost 2-1 at home against Watford last Sunday to crash out of the FA Cup, which ended their hopes of doing a hat trick of successes in the competition. The Gunners are also eight points behind leaders Leicester City in the title race with only eight games to go.
Arsene Wenger has come under severe criticism from his own supporters in the last few weeks as the clamor for change at the helm continues to gather pace. Now that the FA Cup is gone, only a surprise title win will put the Frenchman back in favor with the fans.
Luis Suarez should join Messi and Neymar in the Barcelona attack after the Uruguayan was rested at the weekend but Gerald Pique is suspended after picking up a dubious yellow card in the first leg tie at the Emirates.
The visitors are without the services of Petr Cech, Aaron Ramsey, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla and Tomas Rosicky but Laurent Koscielny may return to replace Gabriel Paulista at center-back while Olivier Giroud leads the Gunner’s offense.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family