2016 is the year when we have a European Championship in soccer. This year’s tournament is going to be held in France, the opening match will be played on June 10 and the final on July 10. This year, for the first time we will have 24, instead of 16 nations competing for the title- Champion of Europe. European nations care for this competition and for soccer fans throughout Europe it is considered to be a smaller version of the World Cup. Some of the best nations in the world compete, there’s thrill, excitement and fierce rivalry, everything that a soccer fan would want. Let’s see the Euro2016 from a betting perspective, though. If, in addition to sports betting you are also a fan of playing online casino games, check out the casinos featured on NoDepositCodec.com.
Odds to Win Euro2016
More teams on the Euro2016 means more games and for a bettor that means more games to choose from. Even though there’s a lot of time until the Euro2016 commence, you can still place bets on it. One of the most popular bets when it comes to a competition of this caliber is who is going to lift the trophy. The World Champions, Germany, are the favorites and the odds for Germany winning are set at +300, despite the fact that they lost two games in the qualifications and conceded more goals than most group winners. Then we have France, who have a pretty strong squad and we all know the French a capable of winning a trophy when they’re strong enough. The odds for France are +333. Despite the terrible results at the World Cup 2014, the Spaniards are considered to be one of the favorites with odds set at +600.
The three top favorites are to be found among three of the most successful nations in European soccer and that’s not surprising, however there are other nations that might stand a chance. Belgium is one of the most pleasant surprises and the way this Belgian team is playing football is truly magnificent. The odds for them winning the trophy are set at +1000. Of course, one must never exclude England, the birthplace of soccer, from the list of favorites. The odds for the Three Lions are set at +1100. Then we have Italy with +1600 and Portugal with +2000. Austria is probably the dark horse in this race with odds of +4000.
Betting on Single Matches
But you can also consider betting on some of the matches. For example, the odds for France winning the opening match against Romania are -225, which is not bad considering that it is very likely for the French to win this match. The following day on the tournament Albania, a first time participant, will face Switzerland and the odds for a win for the Swiss are -162.50, whereas the odds for a draw are +275, and+450 for a win of the underdogs. Same day, 11th of June, Wales meets Slovakia with odds at +137.50, +210 and +210 for a win for Wales, draw and a win for Slovakia respectively. On that day England is facing Russia and if you think the 3 Lions will win you’ll get odds of +110.
But you can also place other bets, like what teams will win their respective groups, what will be the final ranking, or which player will win the Golden Boot. The odds for Cristiano Ronaldo winning this prize are set at +700 after Portugal was drawn in a relatively easy group with Hungary, Austria and Iceland.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find River Plate vs. Lanús on US TV
- Where to find USWNT vs. Colombia on US TV
- World Cup tickets on sale and in high demand
- Euro hosts England thrash reigning champions Netherlands in friendly
- Man City agree deal for Leeds midfielder Phillips: reports
- Chelsea favorites to land Neymar if Brazilian departs PSG
- Former England star Rooney quits as Derby manager
- USMNT goalkeepers: Lack of playing time creates big dilemma
- Success of Apple’s groundbreaking MLS deal hinges on pricing
- Milan begin Serie A title defence with Udinese visit in mid-August