On May 11, 1985, a fire erupted during a game at Bradford City’s stadium in Yorkshire, England.
What started out as a small blaze quickly erupted into an inferno, trapping innocent people and burning many of them alive. It was one of the darkest days in football. In all, 265 people were injured. Fifty six people died.
Thirty one years later, the topic of the Bradford City fire disaster returned this week with the news that BBC Radio Leeds won the award for best Radio Sport Documentary at the British Sports Journalism Awards. After hearing the news, we did some research and found a must-see documentary entitled ‘Missed Warnings,’ which was released last year by BBC Yorkshire.
Whether you know the story about the Bradford City fire disaster or not, the 30 minute documentary is well produced and is certainly worth your time in watching it.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Inzaghi conquers Inter Milan despite title disappointment
- Ivan Perisic’s Inter future in doubt after stunning season
- Fuelled by Premier League dynasty, Man City crave Champions League legacy
- Barcelona finish with defeat by Villarreal, Granada go down
- Man City win Premier League title after epic fightback
- AC Milan back on top after snatching title from Inter
- Rangnick relieved to secure Europa League spot for Man Utd
- Marsch hails Leeds players’ character after escaping the drop
- What are the groups for World Cup 2022?
- Vieira calls for ‘safety at work’ after pitch invasion incidents