No matter where you live across the USA (or anywhere in the world), you can watch the BBC, ITV and other UK networks by signing up for a free 7-day trial to Unblockus, which is a smart DNS service that allows you to change your computer settings so the BBC and ITV websites think you’re visiting from the UK.
By unblocking the BBC and/or ITV, you can watch shows on your computer, smartphone or tablet. Plus you can ‘cast’ the programming from any of those devices to your TV with Chromecast, so you can watch the shows from the comfort of your own living room.
Just a few examples of the live and on-demand coverage you can watch on the BBC and ITV include:
• Match of the Day (live on Saturdays at 5:20pm ET / 3:20pm PT),
• British soap operas such as EastEnders, Coronation Street and Emmerdale,
• 6 Nations rugby,
• Tons of great TV shows,
• Access to BBC iPlayer,
• BBC 5 Radio coverage (that isn’t blocked),
• And much more.
With Unblockus, it’s as simple as switching the settings on your computer, and that’s it.
Here are the steps to set it up the first time:
- Sign up for a free 7-day trial to Unblockus by entering your e-mail address in the ‘Try us free for one week’ box.
- After you confirm your e-mail address, visit the Unblockus homepage again and click on the ‘Set it up’ button next to ‘Configure your device.’
- The website will then give you the easy-to-understand set-up directions for your device for both PCs and Macs. Or visit the ‘How to setup‘ page for more details.
- Then use the drop-down button to select ‘UK’ from the region picker.
- Click on any of the BBC or ITV links mentioned above, and as long as you’ve followed all of the above steps correctly, you should be able to see the live TV coverage perfectly.
SEE MORE: The Anglophile’s guide to British TV.
In addition to Unblockus working on your computer, smartphone and tablet, you can also use it on your Apple TV, Roku, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, iOS, Android and several other devices.
If you run into any technical issues, Unblockus has a customer service team that’s open 24 hours a day.
Yes, there are other smart DNS and VPN services, some of which are free, but the quality and reliability of them are poor. And Unblockus takes all of the frustration out of watching high-quality BBC and ITV coverage.
I’ve been using Unblockus for the past several weeks, and love it. If you have any questions about accessing BBC, ITV or other content, just let me know in the comments section below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Sling Blue, Peacock and Paramount+ provide the best games for less
- Sling Blue to air over 50 Premier League games through year end
- Where to find Denmark vs. France on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Manchester City on US TV
- CBS Sports to televise more women’s soccer matches
- Messi claims he had trouble finding himself at PSG
- Arsenal set Women’s Super League attendance record
- Southgate, Kane claim England are nearly powerless over Qatar
- Premier League should be decreased to 18 teams, says David Dein
- Southgate holding England back from being world beaters