Real Madrid President Florentino Perez has continually professed that his club’s shirt is the most valuable in the soccer market, based on sales, worldwide exposure and sporting success.
It is now being reported that Real Madrid and Adidas are set to announce a record breaking kit-sponsorship deal which would see the ten-time European champions receive as much as $1.4 billion if all clauses of the deal are met.
The agreement is expected to be officially announced before the end of this season and would replace the club’s current deal with Adidas, which was penned in 2012 and was set to terminate in June 2020.
Once finalized, Real Madrid would regain the top position the Spanish side had relinquished to Manchester United last summer, after the Red Devils announced their deal with Adidas which pays the twenty-time champions of England 98 million euros ($107 million) per season.
Last summer, Bayern Munich also signed a deal with the German multinational corporation until June 2030. However, the agreement between club and sponsor is worth just over 60 million euros ($65 million) per year at the start, with the deal increasing to 90 million euros ($98 million) towards the end of the pact.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ