According to Ukrainian news outlet Sport, Arsenal have agreed a 23 million deal pound with Dynamo Kiev for star winger Andriy Yarmolenko. The supposed arrangement between the two clubs is for the 26-year-old to see out the remainder of the current campaign with Kiev and subsequently make the switch to north London in the summer. Kiev management want their premier player to finish the season with the club, as the Ukrainian side are still competing in the Champions League.
Despite the fact that Yarmolenko signed a new contract with Kiev earlier in the season that would see him spend the next four years in Ukraine, the player suggested in October that he could still leave his native country. “I still want that [to test myself in the best foreign leagues],” stated the winger. “I know that if Dynamo get really worthy offers we’ll find an option that satisfies everyone.”
“I want the club to get good compensation for me. I could have left for free in a while, but that would have been wrong. I am 100% a Dynamo player. Our team is like my second family. hat’s why I keep doing my best to benefit the club.”
The Ukraine international has also previously been linked with Chelsea and Everton.
Although Arsenal currently have Theo Walcott, Joel Campbell and Tomas Rosicky (and Aaron Ramsey, occasionally) on the depth chart at right wing, Yarmolenko could be seen as a direct replacement for Rosicky, as the 35-year-old is out of contract at season’s end.
The Ukrainian is also a more creative player than Walcott is out on the flank. While it is a small sample size, Yarmolenko has created 13 chances and made 13 key passes during Champions League play so far this season. Compare these numbers to Walcott’s zero key passes and one chance created during the same European competition during the current campaign.
A deal for Yarmolenko could ultimately move Walcott more centrally, something that the player is certainly keen on. Also, according to whoscored.com, the England international performs better on the pitch as a center forward than out on either flank. Added depth up front is never a bad thing, especially when the Arsenal team seemingly annually goes through an injury-riddled stretch at some point during the season.
Yarmolenko is a strong, speedy winger, and at 6-foot-2, he would give the Gunners some much-needed height. More importantly, he possesses a copious amount of creativity and a thunderbolt of a left foot coming in off of the right side of the pitch. The 26-year-old has 13 goals and eight assists in 22 total appearances on the season for Kiev, a very impressive total for a wide player.
A potential front three of Yarmolenko, Walcott, and Alexis Sanchez would be a nightmare for Premier League defenses. Mix Olivier Giroud’s passing attributes in with Alexis and Yarmolenko, and the combination could be lethal.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details
- Potter magic seals first league win as Chelsea boss
- Bundesliga in talks with private equity firms to sell media rights
- Gareth Bale debuts own craft beer ahead of World Cup
- Arsenal extend Adidas kit deal until 2030 on eve of derby win
- Where to find Crystal Palace vs. Chelsea on US TV
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Brighton on US TV