NBCSN will launch a brand-new Crystal Palace documentary series this Sunday entitled ‘Behind The Badge: Crystal Palace.’ The new four-part series is different than the Premier League Download launched in November entitled ‘South London and Proud.’
‘Premier League Behind the Badge: Crystal Palace FC’ will debut on NBCSN on Sunday at 2pm ET.
The four-part series will present viewers with a rare all-access look at the Eagles’ work on and off the pitch midway through their best-ever Premier League campaign. Voiced by BBC presenter and former English footballer Gary Lineker, the series follows an intriguing mix of ownership, players, coaches, and support staff, chronicling their daily lives and routines.
“It’s quite unusual for Premier League clubs to grant this level of behind-the-scene access to the media, especially for such an extended period of time,” said Crystal Palace co-owner Steve Parish, “but we felt comfortable granting it to NBC in this case to help show America what makes Crystal Palace so special.”
“Viewers generally only get to see Premier League players when they step onto the pitch during a match,” said Pierre Moossa, coordinating producer of NBC Sports Group’s Premier League coverage. “Premier League Behind the Badge will provide a glimpse into all that goes on at a club, and what it takes to prepare in the days leading up to the game. Through the eyes of some of the most integral characters, this series will highlight all that makes Crystal Palace FC such a unique and intriguing club.”
Co-produced with Goalhanger Films, the series will feature Crystal Palace midfielder Jason Puncheon, defender Joel Ward, co-owner Steve Parish, manager Alan Pardew, Crystal Palace legend and current coach Mark Bright, club reporter Chris Grierson, kit man (equipment manager) Danny Young and Anna McCarthy, responsible for match-day hospitality. Each episode will focus on the club’s preparation for that week’s match, as well as the game itself – whether it’s on the pitch, in the front office, or in the locker room.
Shot over an 18-day period beginning Jan. 9, the show has a fast TV turn-around, with each program chronicling the previous week’s game. NBC Sports Group’s camera crews will be given access to the offices, locker rooms, pitch, and tunnel, capturing the unique atmosphere leading up to and throughout the match.
This year’s Premier League campaign is Crystal Palace’s 16th overall in England’s top flight since their founding in 1905. Crystal Palace FC first qualified for the top flight in 1969. Under Pardew, appointed manager in January 2015, the Eagles are currently in seventh place, and finished last season in 10th place, their highest top-flight finish since 1991-92. Selhurst Park has earned a reputation as one of the most vibrant atmospheres for fans – and one of the most intimidating atmospheres for opponents.
Following is the full schedule for Premier League Behind the Badge: Crystal Palace FC:
Sunday, January 17, 2pm ET — Episode 1 (NBCSN)
Sunday, January 24, 1:30pm ET — Episode 2 (NBCSN)
Monday, February 1, 8pm ET — Episode 3 (NBCSN)
Saturday, February 6, 1pm ET — Encore of episodes 1-3 (NBC)
Saturday, February 6, 2:30pm ET — Episode 4 (NBC)
All episodes will also be streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Top-tier Chongqing latest Chinese football club to fold
- Son Heung-min’s ‘joyous’ Golden Boot hailed by S.Korea president
- Man Utd need ‘major surgery’ under Ten Hag – Dwight Yorke
- Xavi says Barcelona need rebuild but silent on Lewandowski
- Roma and Feyenoord hoping to turn the corner in Conference League final
- Chelsea tickets on sale for U.S. friendlies
- Man City title miracle all part of Pep’s plan
- Hertha Berlin keep Bundesliga status with play-off win at Hamburg
- Italy face Argentina in UEFA vs CONMEBOL final on FS1
- Spinazzola makes Italy return for ‘Finalissima’ and Nations League