Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has revealed he expects to be sidelined for six weeks after suffering a hamstring injury. Skrtel limped off in the first half of Liverpool’s 3-0 defeat at Watford on Sunday and scans have revealed the Slovakia center back has a torn hamstring that will keep him out until February.
Alongside a picture of a lion, the 31-year-old wrote on Instagram: “After all rumours going around,i want to say the time i will spend on sideline wont be 3 months…after i suffered tear in my hamstring and tendon i will be out for 6 weeks…i will work hard on my recovery and will do everything to come back as soon as possible and even stronger than before!thanks for your support.”
The loss of Skrtel is a blow for Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, who is without a win in his last four matches, heading into the busy Christmas period.
Key fixtures Skrtel will miss include a Premier League showdown with Manchester United and the League Cup semifinal against Stoke City.
If Dejan Lovren does not recover from a knee injury in time for Liverpool’s Boxing Day clash against league leaders Leicester City, Kolo Toure is likely to be drafted in for his first league start of the season alongside Mamadou Sakho.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ