The draw for Euro 2016 is upon us, featuring the most number of teams competing in the tournament (24) compared to the previous 16 from 1996 onwards.
If you live in the United States and you want to watch the draw live, you can via TV and/or streaming. Here are all of the details you need:
What: Draw for the UEFA Euro 2016 tournament (to be held in France next summer)
When: Coverage of the draw begins at Noon ET / 9am PT, Saturday, December 12
Where: Live on ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes
Streaming: Live on ESPN3.com and, if you don’t get ESPN, Sling TV.
The draw will take place live from Paris, France.
The 24 qualified teams will be drawn into six groups of four teams, with the hosts France being automatically placed in position A1. The remaining teams will be seeded into four pots of five (Pot 1) or six teams (Pots 2, 3 and 4). As the title holders, Spain will be seeded in Pot 1, while the other 22 teams will be seeded according to the UEFA National team coefficients updated after the completion of the qualifying group stage (excluding the play-offs), which were released by UEFA on October 14, 2015.
Pot 1: Spain (ESP), Germany (GER), England (ENG), Portugal (POR), Belgium (BEL), France (FRA)
Pot 2: Italy (ITA), Russia (RUS), Switzerland (SUI), Austria (AUT), Croatia (CRO), Ukraine (UKR)
Pot 3: Czech Republic (CZE), Sweden (SWE), Poland (POL), Romania (ROU, Slovakia (SVK), Hungary (HUN)
Pot 4: Turkey (TUR), Republic of Ireland (IRL), Iceland (ISL), Wales (WAL), Albania (ALB), Northern Ireland (NIR)
Here are all of the details about ESPN’s coverage it has planned today:
ESPN2, ESPN Deportes and ESPN digital platforms will combine to present comprehensive coverage of the UEFA EURO 2016 Final Draw on Saturday, Dec. 12. ESPN’s multi-platform presentation will be anchored by five hours of programming on ESPN Deportes beginning at 11 a.m. ET with Destino Francia (pre-show), followed by Sorteo Euro 2016 (12 p.m.), a 90-minute Destino Francia (post-show) at 1:30 p.m., and SportsCenter at 3 p.m.
ESPN2 will feature a 90-minute UEFA EURO 2016 Final Draw program at 12 p.m., while ESPN3 will live stream the ceremony and the Draw (12 p.m.).
ESPN coverage will feature more than 20 commentators – hosts, analysts and reporters – from multiple locations. Highlights:
ESPN English language platforms:
· UEFA EURO 2016 Final Draw on ESPN2 at 12 p.m.: host Bob Ley, analysts Ian Darke, Santiago Solari in Bristol, Conn., and Taylor Twellman in Kansas City (site of NCAA College Cup);
· Gabriele Marcotti – reporting from Paris;
· ESPN Digital’s EURO 2016 Express: Draw Special: Dan Thomas, Alexis Nunes and Craig Burley in Bristol; with Alison Bender, Julien Laurens and Anthony Richardson in London.
ESPN Spanish language platforms:
Commentators Ricardo Puig, Tony Cherchi and Jared Borgetti in Mexico City; Fernando Palomo, Tato Noriega, Solari, Andres Agulla and Carolina Guillen in Bristol; Jorge Ramos in Miami; reporter Martin Ainstein in Paris, and Hernan Pereyra in Osaka, Japan (site of FIFA World Club Cup), will appear on the following four programs on ESPN Deportes:
· 11 a.m.: Destino Francia (pre-show)
· 12 p.m.: Sorteo Euro 2016
· 1:30 p.m.: Destino Francia (post-show), and
· 3 p.m.: SportsCenter
EURO 2016 Draw across ESPN Digital Platforms
ESPN will deliver complete coverage of the EURO 2016 Draw across digital platforms. In the U.S., fans will be able to watch a live stream of the ceremony and draw at 12 p.m. on ESPN3 through WatchESPN.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Bale heading to MLS with LAFC move: reports
- Where to find Austin FC vs. FC Dallas on US TV
- Nominate best soccer coverage across video, audio & written word
- Forest sign Nigeria striker Awoniyi from Union Berlin
- Where to find River Plate vs. Lanús on US TV
- Where to find USWNT vs. Colombia on US TV
- World Cup tickets on sale and in high demand
- Euro hosts England thrash reigning champions Netherlands in friendly
- Man City agree deal for Leeds midfielder Phillips: reports
- Chelsea favorites to land Neymar if Brazilian departs PSG