Arsene Wenger claims Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez could have been killed when Norwich defender Ryan Bennett pushed him into the Carrow Road camera pit last weekend.
Chile international Sanchez landed heavily in the cameraman’s area on the touchline during an incident in the first half of Sunday’s 1-1 draw and was later forced off with a hamstring injury. He is now likely to be sidelined for several weeks, and Gunners boss Wenger feels it could have been worse for the former Barcelona forward.
As told to reporters on Friday:
“First of all it’s dangerous to have a camera there.
“He could have killed him. Secondly, he (Bennett) didn’t need to push him like he did. I think the camera position was absolutely dangerous.
“When he was pushed into the boards on the side of the field that did not shock anybody.
“That injury can come from that as well. I’m not expert enough to know but if you want to blame me I’m okay with it.”
Bennett tweeted after the match to give his side of the incident, writing: “Genuinely was trying to stop not push Sanchez just to clear that up.”
More Premier League:
- Courtois set to return Saturday for Chelsea.
- Koscielny’s health a boost; Sanchez still a doubt.
- Klopp giving Liverpool reason to think beyond top four.
- China’s CFG investment part of creating a world power.
- The weight of England is on Neville’s shoulders.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’
- Brands hoping World Cup boosts Gen Z interest in soccer
- Hummel makes statement with World Cup kits for Denmark
- 3 reasons Arlington is not ideal host for 2026 World Cup final
- Richarlison racially abused in Brazil’s win over Tunisia
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas