West Ham co-chairman David Sullivan has warned off rival clubs interested in signing rising star Manuel Lanzini. The Argentinian midfielder is reportedly a target for Liverpool following his impressive start to life in the Premier League.
Lanzini has scored four goals so far this season, including one against the Reds in West Ham’s 3-0 win at Anfield in August. The 22-year-old moved to Upton Park in the summer on a season-long loan from United Arab Emirates side Al Jazira, and Sullivan insists his club have an “unbreakable option” to sign him permanently. From the club’s website:
“I know there have been some reports in the media over the weekend surrounding the future of Manuel Lanzini.
“We have an unbreakable option with both Lanzini and his club, so any other team’s interest is irrelevant.
“Manuel has been a fantastic signing for the club and we all hope he can maintain this superb run of form for the rest of the season.”
Sullivan also confirmed forward Enner Valencia will be out until early January with the ankle injury he suffered against Everton recently.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season