British comedian and talk show host John Oliver tackled the topic of daily fantasy sports games on his Last Week Tonight show on HBO Sunday night. And Oliver didn’t hold anything back in his criticism of the misleading advertising by two sites in particular — DraftKings and Fanduel.
For soccer fans, the story is particularly disturbing given that FOX Sports is a major investor in DraftKings, while MLS is a DraftKings partner.
Daily fantasy sports sites such as DraftKings and Fanduel claim they are not gambling enterprises, but they seem awfully gamblish. If only their ads were more truthful.
Watch the video here:
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $4.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ