Tony Pulis has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association following West Brom’s defeat to Leicester. The head coach is alleged to “have used language and/or behavior in or around the tunnel area after the fixture which amounts to improper conduct,” an FA statement said.
West Brom lost the match 3-2. Pulis was angry with referee Anthony Taylor after the game and admitted he had confronted the official, before apologizing, as he felt Albion should have been awarded two penalties for fouls on Jonny Evans and Darren Fletcher.
Pulis has until 6 p.m. on Thursday to respond to the charge.
He confirmed he would look to speak to referees’ chief Mike Riley following the defeat which left Albion with just one home win in the Barclays Premier League this season.
He said after the game:
“We are disappointed with the penalty decisions. Everyone in the crowd would have said Fletcher’s was a penalty.
“With Jonny Evans the referee is only two yards away and he gets pulled back. You have to do well to miss it. Why he has not given those two I don’t know.
“I will speak to Mike Riley. At this level the referee should be getting those decisions correct. They say for the second goal the lad (Riyad Mahrez) is offside. We have a linesman over the far side who can see it clearly and can see it across the line.
“Decisions which could have helped us didn’t go with us.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- The Spaniard raised at Barcelona who made Hong Kong football history
- ‘One in a million’ Klopp makes Liverpool a European giant once more
- Harmony reigns as Ancelotti and Real Madrid proves a winning combination
- Real Madrid remain Europe’s most valuable football club: report
- Tearful Mourinho hails Conference League ‘history’ for Roma
- Mbappe’s rumored benefits allow too much power for one player
- Zaniolo fires Roma to Conference League triumph over Feyenoord
- Kompany ‘parts ways’ with Belgium’s Anderlecht
- FOX & fuboTV’s UEFA Nations League plans raise concerns
- Robertson urges Scotland to put sentiment aside in Ukraine play-off