Liverpool striker Danny Ings will be out for the rest of the season after suffering a cruciate ligament injury.
The striker was with the England team on international duty where he made his full England debut against Lithuania on Monday.
But it was during a Liverpool training session on Wednesday when Ing was hurt in a challenge.
Ing’s injury is another blow to Liverpool after losing defender Joe Gomez for the rest of the season with the same injury. The 18-year-old was forced from the field after injuring his right knee in the 80th minute of England Under-21s’ 3-0 victory against Kazakhstan on Tuesday night.
Plus, Liverpool players Christian Benteke and Roberto Firmino are unlikely to play in Saturday’s game against Spurs after suffering knocks in the international break.
Danny Ings joined Liverpool this summer from Burnley, but the transfer fee is yet to settled in a tribunal.
So far this season, Ings has scored 3 goals including the goal in the Merseyside derby in Brendan Rodgers’ last game in charge of Liverpool.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more