West Ham have struck a deal with Dutch second division side VVV-Venlo that will see young players loaned between the two clubs. The Hammers announced the deal on Tuesday after extensive research from academy manager Terry Westley to find what he considered the right match-up.
Westley’s son, Sam, has already moved to Venlo on loan earlier this season and more talent from West Ham is now likely to move to Holland in the coming months. The move also opens up the prospect of Slaven Bilic’s side having the option to sign any hot prospects from the Eerste Divisie outfit, with Westley pleased to have finally secured such an affiliation.
“It’s something we have looked at for 12 months,” he told West Ham’s official website.
“We have been to Slovakia, France and Holland.
“We have met with different clubs and we chose Venlo in the end after doing our homework and looking at the environment and what the staff are like.
“We managed to get the link after I went over to Holland and met the club’s director to form a football partnership. We feel the high technical game which they play could suit our players.”
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more