Manchester United defender Paddy McNair is to remain in Helsinki for another night for further assessment on the abdominal injury sustained on Northern Ireland duty. Press Association Sport understands the 20-year-old is still being monitored at a hospital in the Finnish capital.
McNair was injured in the 13th minute of Sunday’s 1-1 draw against Finland — a result which saw Michael O’Neill’s men win Euro 2016 qualifying Group F — but played on until the 51st. He was unable to travel home with the rest of the squad and will remain in Finland at least until Wednesday, although this is only precautionary.
It is understood McNair suffered bad bruising to the ribs and the area immediately below. He is also being monitored by Irish Football Association doctor David White, who has stayed in Finland with him and is consulting closely with United.
McNair has played just once for United this season, as a substitute in their win at Southampton last month.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more