Son Heung-min is facing a spell on the sidelines after injuring his foot in Tottenham’s defeat of Manchester City.
The 23-year-old has settled impressively at White Hart Lane after making the B£22million move from Bayer Leverkusen last month. The South Korea forward has netted three goals in five Spurs appearances to date and would have had another was it not for the offside flag in the 4-1 Barclays Premier League win against City on Saturday.
Son was replaced by Clinton Njie with 13 minutes of the match remaining, and Tottenham have confirmed he picked up an unspecified foot injury during the White Hart Lane encounter.
An official club statement read: “Heung-Min Son sustained a foot injury in a challenge during Saturday’s win against Manchester City and has spent the past few days being reviewed.
“Our medical staff will monitor his progress during his rehabilitation in order to determine when he will be fit to return to training.”
Tottenham face Monaco at the Stade Louis II in the Europa League on Thursday evening.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Arsenal face Chelsea, Everton and Orlando on US summer tour
- ‘All heroes’ – Trapp hails support as Frankfurt win Europa League
- Eintracht Frankfurt beat Rangers on penalties to win Europa League
- ‘Historic’ equal pay deal for US men and women footballers
- Tuchel tells Chelsea to prepare for ‘rebuilding’ to keep up with rivals
- Charlotte vs Chelsea tickets on sale for July 20 clash
- ‘Uncomfortable’ Magath plots against old club Hamburg in play-off
- Senegal probing feared homophobic attack by mob
- Lampard warns Everton against treating Palace clash as ‘all-or-nothing’ game
- ‘Historic’ equal pay deal for US men and women soccer teams