Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly willing to shell out upwards of £250 million next summer in order to pry Cristiano Ronaldo away from Real Madrid.
The French champions tested the Spanish giant’s resolved this summer with a £110 million bid for the Portuguese forward, and it appears PSG officials have not given up their chase to land the three-time Ballon d’Or winner next season.
In the past, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has insisted that his star man would finish his career in the Spanish capital. However, according to recent reports Perez is now ready to cash in on the 30-year-old Ronaldo before his skills begin to diminish and his market value decreases.
Bankrolled by their Qatari investors, PSG officials are preparing to offer Ronaldo a substantially more lucrative contract than he is currently being offer at Real Madrid.
The Portuguese forward now earns just over £15 million per season with Los Blancos, and is already the highest paid player in the sport.
The whole deal broken down would be a world record transfer fee of £109.2 million with the rest being paid in the player’s wages.
If this transfer materializes, Ronaldo would become the first £100 million player in the sport.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ