Manchester United take on PSV Eindhoven in their first Champions League group match on Tuesday.
Here, Press Association Sport looks at five talking points ahead of the match in Holland.
1) WILL ANTHONY MARTIAL START?
Only ardent fans of Ligue 1 knew who Anthony Martial was before transfer deadline day – even his new team-mates had barely heard of him – but the Frenchman announced himself to the world on Saturday with a stunning goal on debut against Liverpool. The 19-year-old, who could end up costing United £58million, stepped off the bench and slalomed his way through the Liverpool defense before beating Simon Mignolet to round off the 3-1 win. Pressure is mounting on Louis van Gaal to hand the youngster his first start, but the United manager is likely to protect his rising star and keep him on the bench even though Wayne Rooney is expected to miss out because of a hamstring injury.
2) WILL VAN GAAL MAKE ANY CHANGES?
Van Gaal is not a fan of rotating his goalkeepers, so David de Gea looks set to keep his goal after being brought in from the cold for his first match of the season on Saturday. Van Gaal has played the same back four throughout the season, and with just four goals conceded in seven matches, there is little reason to believe he will rotate. Memphis Depay's place is under threat following the impressive performance of Ashley Young off the bench on Saturday and Morgan Schneiderlin is likely to come in for either Michael Carrick or Bastian Schweinsteiger.
3) WILL LOUIS VAN GAAL RECEIVE A GOOD RECEPTION ON HIS RETURN TO HOLLAND?
No. PSV supporters detest Van Gaal. He played for their bitter rivals Ajax and also managed them on two occasions. It is safe to say he will not be well received at the Philips Stadion.
4) IS IT ABOUT TIME MEMPHIS DEPAY SHOWED HIS POTENTIAL?
Depay is on far better terms with the PSV fans, having proved a pivotal role in their first title win in seven years last term. The forward was Eredivisie top scorer last season with 22 goals, but he is yet to set the Premier League alight. The 21-year-old showed flashes of promise on debut against Tottenham and in the Champions League play-off against Club Brugge, but United fans are yet to see the same kind of player that shone for PSV or Holland at the World Cup. Maybe a return to the ground where he spent nine years as a player will help kickstart his United career.
5) ARE PSV ANY GOOD?
Not as good as they were last year. PSV won the title with three games to spare, thanks mainly to the exploits of Depay. Georginio Wijnaldum also chipped in with 14 goals but he left for Newcastle earlier this summer. PSV coach Phillip Cocu has spent the £40million garnered from both sales on low-key acquisitions like Mexican duo Hector Moreno and Andres Guardado, as well as Uruguayan midfielder Gaston Pereiro. Cocu's still should not be under-estimated, though. They are the top seeds in the group and they maintained their unbeaten start to the season with a 6-0 win over Cambuur on Saturday.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family