Uruguayan striker Leandro Rodriguez has completed his move to Everton from River Plate Montevideo for an undisclosed fee.
The 22-year-old forward has signed a four-year deal at Goodison Park and is expected to be part of a South American double swoop for boss Roberto Martinez, who also hopes to tie up a deal for Argentinian central defender Ramiro Funes Mori soon.
SEE MORE: Latest summer transfer window deals.
Rodriguez scored 19 times in 71 games for his hometown club, and Martinez hopes he can mature on Merseyside.
“Leandro is one of those young players that we have identified to give them a path and allow them to develop in our system,” the Spaniard said.
“We’re very excited; he’s someone who can produce a goal out of nothing, is hard working with a really strong combination play.
“He’s already had experience at his club in Uruguay and his goal-scoring record is quite impressive for a young man at 22. We hope we can give him the environment with Mason Holgate and other youngsters that we feel very, very strong about.”
Martinez is still keen to add another two attackers, as well as Funes Mori to supplement his defence, before the transfer window closes.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’
- Brands hoping World Cup boosts Gen Z interest in soccer
- Hummel makes statement with World Cup kits for Denmark
- 3 reasons Arlington is not ideal host for 2026 World Cup final
- Richarlison racially abused in Brazil’s win over Tunisia
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas
- England can’t win the World Cup without Jude Bellingham
- Qatar calls up hundreds of civilians to provide security at World Cup