Connect with us

Leagues: Bundesliga

Ultimate guide to watching soccer on TV and streaming

guide-to-watching-soccer-online

For the past six months, World Soccer Talk writer Chris Moore and I have spent tens of hours researching, writing and compiling our notes to create an ultimate guide to watching soccer live and legally, to share with you.

The comprehensive guide gives readers in the US all the details you need to know where and how to watch games online, on TV and via the radio for the following leagues:

• MLS,
• La Liga,
• Serie A,
• UEFA Champions League,
• Premier League,
• Bundesliga,
• FA Cup,
• Ligue Un,
• Europa League, and more.

In the guide, we’ve included several tips of how you can get the most out of the coverage of your favorite leagues. And if you have any questions about the services, feel free to post them in the comments section and we’ll do the best to add a helpful reply.

Even if you’re a hardcore fan of any of the above leagues, there’ll probably be some tips included in this guide that you weren’t aware of.

Take a look, and feel free to share us your feedback.

button

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
  • Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more

16 Comments

16 Comments

1. 6scott6

April 26, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Reacting to the news (& your analysis) of Fox’s (stupid) decision to house most of the World Cup commentators in LA & wondering: is there any way to watch in USA on another English-language network/streaming service?
    I’m seriously considering dropping my foxsoccermatchpass subscription after UEFA cup, if there’s a viable streaming service for live & replay matches.

2. David Brown

March 5, 2018 at 9:50 pm

Thanks for welcoming to world soccer talks I really appreciate I David Brown

3. Matt

August 5, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Is it still possible to watch premier league games online though the nbc sports app that air on nbc or is that gone now?

• Christopher Harris

August 5, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Live? Yes, if your local over-the-air NBC station is owned and operated by NBC. If that’s not the case, you could watch the game over-the-air with “rabbit ears” for your TV set.

4. Graham

May 31, 2017 at 8:25 am

Does anyone know if the new Hulu Live’s access to NBC Sports also provides credentials to NBC Sports app is US?

• Christopher Harris

May 31, 2017 at 8:43 am

Hulu Live does not offer access to NBC Sports App at this time. The only ones that do are DIRECTV NOW and Vue.

• Graham

May 31, 2017 at 9:07 am

Thank you. And thanks for all the info that got me through the drudgery of following Newcastle in the Championship! Very helpful.

• Christopher Harris

May 31, 2017 at 9:09 am

No worries, Graham. Any time! And I’m glad the Toon Army has returned to the Premier League, where they rightfully belong.

5. Andy Tringham

February 11, 2017 at 3:39 pm

I’m a little confused over all the ways or rather not the ways to watch 3.00 English football – first I will confirm I live in the U.K – I have the ‘universal sports hd tv’ app on my iPhone SE which is amazing but can’t seem to find the same content through the internet (it always seems to be subscribing to a betting company) which I have also done and still no guarantee of a live game – I have a chromecast and was going to try and watch a stream through that which seems to be non existent – now I hear BEIN connect might be the option but can I get that in the UK – I’ve also heard of VPN’s and do these really help – I’m sorry if it’s a long winded question but I seem to think it’s all very confusing (sorry if I’m not very computer savvy lol) – Andy

• Christopher Harris

February 11, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Hi Andy, the streaming is only for viewers in the United States.

We have more information about VPNs at https://worldsoccertalk.com/vpn-soccer/ although we don’t advocate using NBC Sports or beIN SPORTS to watch the games since it’s not legal to do so from outside the US.

6. John G.

October 2, 2016 at 9:25 am

The Welsh, Canadians, Americans and Australians have their own flavors of football. It was 19th Century English schoolboys that called Association Football “soccer” and Rugby Football “rugger”.

7. stephen rollason

October 2, 2016 at 5:58 am

The World Game is called Football – “Soccer” doesn’t exist as a sport & is merely a slang term used by Yanks mainly.
    If you’re going to talk about our game – then at least get it’s name correct……
    We play & watch FOOTBALL

• Ken

October 6, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Us Yanks have a game that we call Football that has the same roots as “your” football (aka “soccer”) and also Rugby, Since we are IN America, we aren’t likely to call it “American Football” are we? No more than you are going to call Soccer “Association football” (see John G’s response). Calling 2 different sports “Football” would be mighty confusing around the water cooler.
      Therefore, try to be a little flexible. It can’t be that mentally taxing to simply translate the word “Soccer” into what you understand to be “Football.” Try doing it the other way around.

8. Emmett

August 23, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Any legal means of watching the Scottish Championship now with Zelalem on Rangers?

• Christopher Harris

August 23, 2015 at 8:51 pm

FOX Soccer 2GO shows the Rangers games. They’re currently offering a free 7-day trial.