QPR have expressed an interest in Bolton full-back Tim Ream, but Wanderers boss Neil Lennon admits their initial approach has been rebuffed because he does not want to sell the player.
USA international Ream, 27, has been named the Sky Bet Championship club's player of the year over the past two seasons and is under contract until the summer of 2017.
Rangers have this week signed Leicester left-back Paul Konchesky on a season-long loan and Lennon is determined to prevent them tempting Ream away to Loftus Road too.
"There is interest from QPR but it's way short of the valuation of the player we think he's worth," the Northern Irishman said.
"We don't want to sell him anyway.
"He's been very consistent – player of the year here for the past two years – and he's a very good type as well. He's not for sale.
"Every player has his price, I'm not going to say that if a £6-or-7million bid comes in then we won't consider it but at the minute QPR are well short of what we think he's worth and we're not really willing to sell."
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ